A Dance With Dragons - George R.R. Martin Actual Rating: 4.5

I have no words to express myself how much I love this whole series. R.R. Martin’s writing is so beautifully melodic I really enjoy reading it. The only thing I don’t like and which makes me very frustrated is how most of the time nothing important happens until the end of the chapter - or the end of the book. Every chapter starts off slow, gives you billion details and names you don’t really need to know and then at the end- BAM!- something finally happens... and then it’s over. And honestly, the same was with this book, we didn’t see any major turns and dancing with dragons until 90% of the book, that’s why I gave it 4.5 even if I loved it and it’s one of my favorites.

But don’t get me wrong, there’s a lot going on through the story, to the point where it’s confusing. This is not a light book to read, I needed to be fully concentrated at all times because I didn’t want to miss any detail. Because in these books you never know which details are important and which ones are totally unnecessary. I’ve read this book for more than a month and I had to read a few other books during that time, because sometimes I had to push myself to go on reading it. That’s why books in this series intimidate me - I know I’ll read them a long time and it will be frustrating, but in the end it will be worth it. And it’s been really, really worth it.

(*some spoilers ahead for previous books*) The best thing about this series is the whole fantasy world of Westeros and some great main characters. We get to see more of Tyrion who’s one of my favorite characters. I missed Aria a bit, she only had two or three chapters. The same was with Cersei, she’s so cunning and clever at the same time and I loved reading her thoughts. We didn’t see Sansa or Catelyn at all which made me sad and I wonder what’s going on with them. But we did see a lot of Daenerys... And oh Danny, how much I love you! She’s a great leader but still a young girl at the same time, falling in love but not letting that ruin her or her plans. I loved how she said “I’m just a little girl and don’t know much about that..” always when it was convenient for her. I don’t envy her the situation she’s in but she always stays strong, relying only on herself and trusting nobody. I really hope R.R. Martin will leave my favorite characters alive. That’s why it’s hard and terrifying to read this series - you never know who’s going to die. And that includes A Dance With Dragons, too.

We get to know a few more characters in this book. The whole story never seems to end complicating itself, we never get any answers or the end to things, except with death. I need to say it again, this is definitely one of my favorite series. I have no idea how I’ll wait for the next book to come out, it’s 2 years or more until its release! I hardly remember everything that occurred in previous books and I already know I’ll need to re-read all of them before the sixth book comes out. If I don’t see some of the characters and get some answers then, I’ll get very angry!

Find this review & more on my blog: http://thetemporaryescape.blogspot.com/