Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare The Infernal Devices was one of the most beautifully written series, where love triangle actually didn’t ruin the whole story. There were times when I was laughing but also a few times when I was crying. Cassandra Clare is really good at writing heartbreaking love stories, and this is coming from somebody who’s not a big fan of romance in general. But she just gets it right.

This is a short review because I don’t know what to say about this book that wasn’t said already. I loved both Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince, so my expectations for Clockwork Princess were very high. I expected this last book to be spectacular but I was a little disappointed. There were many questions opened at the beginning and though the story started off slow, when we finally came to actual answers I felt they were dealt with matter-of-factly and without any intensity. While there were some great actions throughout the book, I missed the big fight when it came to dealing with the main villain. I thought it was over too fast and happened too little. Unlike in the two previous books in series, the plot in Clockwork Princess was without any major turns and more predictable, at least for me.

Now onto good things although I wrote about these in reviews of previous two books so I may repeat myself. I highly enjoyed reading this book. I loved Clare's descriptions of 19th century London and Wales, I'm a sucker for Victorian era and her writing style is magical. I liked little poems at the beginning of each chapter and also Will's funny songs, even if everybody said he's not good at writing them, I loved them. Character's development was great - I liked Tessa and Will more with each book. Jem was always his perfect self. Charlotte, Henry, Sophie and Cecily were also among my favorite characters. A few of love couples formed in this book but I didn't feel the romance was getting too much attention. Since there are teams I should say I’m not neither Team Will nor Team Jem, I liked both of them and I’m happy with the way it all ended. At first I didn't know how to feel about the ending, I didn't expected it and it left me a bit confused. But now that I look back I see Clare could hardly write it better. Although it did left me needing more.

This is one of my favorite series and I’m really glad I got to read it. I highly recommend these books to every fan of fantasy. Will Herondale, Jem Carstairs and Tessa Grey, thanks for these wonderful adventures. And now I also thank the Angels I still have The Mortal Instruments series to read :)

Find this review and more on my blog: http://thetemporaryescape.blogspot.com/